A Texas Locksmith is here to help ready your property for
A Texas Locksmith will verify proper locks and locking mechanizers are installed where required by law.
A Texas Locksmith will verify the proper latching devices are installed on windows and sliding glass
A Texas Locksmith will verify the proper viewing devices on installed on exterior doors.
If the proper devices are not installed; A Texas Locksmith is ready to bring your property
up to code.
Tenants have very specific rights, in the State of Texas, that can not
be waived in the lease - http://www.housing-rights.org/locks.html
The landlord is required to provide
rental unit with the following security devices at the landlord's expense:
- One window latch on each exterior window in the
- A doorknob lock or keyed deadbolt on each exterior
- A keyless bolting device (i.e. a keyless deadbolt) on each
- A door viewer on each exterior
- A pin lock AND either a handle latch or a security bar on
each exterior sliding glass door.
- A landlord is required to change or rekey locks within
seven days of a new tenant moving in.